Are you interested in interdisciplinary research and would you like to work in an interdisciplinary research institute? The University of Amsterdam invites applications for the Ph.D. in Logic, Language, and Computation in the Netherlands for the 2021/22 academic session.
As a successful candidate, you are expected to
- complete and defend a Ph.D. thesis within the official appointment duration of four years;
- give regular presentations of intermediate research results at international workshops and conferences, and publish them in proceedings and journals;
- collaborate with researchers in other relevant sections of ILLC;
- participate in the organization of research activities and events at ILLC, such as conferences, workshops, and joint publications.
Furthermore, all Ph.D. candidates at ILLC are expected to make a small contribution to the institute’s educational mission. e.g. by working as teaching assistants for courses in their areas of expertise, and by assisting with the supervision of student research projects.
Worth of Award
- The Ph.D. in Logic, Language, and Computation at the University of Amsterdam is worth €2,395 to €3,061 gross per month.
It also covers
- A temporary contract for 38 hours per week for the duration of four years (the initial contract will be for a period of 18 months. After satisfactory evaluation, it will be extended for a total duration of four years). This should lead to a dissertation (Ph.D. thesis).
- An educational plan that includes attendance of courses and (international) meetings will be drafted.
In order to be eligible, candidates must have
- A Master’s degree with excellent grades in a relevant field, such as logic, computer science, mathematics, artificial intelligence, linguistics, philosophy, musicology, or cognitive science; you must have obtained your degree by the starting date of the position;
- good academic writing and presentation skills;
- good social and organizational skills;
- a strong interest in a scientific career;
- fluency in English both written and spoken.
How to Apply
All applications should be made online via the official website.
Deadline: June 13, 2021.