The World Trade Organization invites applications for the Essay Award for Young Economists in The Netherlands in 2023.
The WTO award aims to promote high-quality research on trade policy and international trade cooperation as well as reinforce the relationship between the WTO and the academic community. The essay award has grown to be a prized achievement for young trade economists and brings to light novel evidence important for evaluating trade flows and policies.
Worth of Award
- The annual WTO Essay Award provides a prize of CHF 5,000 to the author(s) of the winning essay. In the case of a co-authored paper, the prize will be equally divided among the authors.
- The winning paper will be officially announced at the annual meeting of the European Trade Study Group (ETSG), the largest conference specializing in international trade.
To be eligible for this award,
- The paper must address issues related to trade policy and international trade cooperation.
- The author(s) of the paper must possess or be engaged in the completion of a PhD degree and, if over 30 years of age, be no more than two years past a PhD defence.
- In the case of co-authored papers, this requirement shall apply to all authors.
- In addition, to be considered for the award, essays cannot exceed 15,000 words.
How to Apply
Submissions for the World Trade Organization Essay Award should include separate attachments in PDF format:
- the essay
- the CV of the author(s), specifying (i) current affiliation(s), (ii) the academic institution awarding the PhD, (iii) the year (or the expected year) of the PhD, (iv) the date of birth of the author(s).
Deadline: Essays must be submitted by June 2, 2023.
Click here for more details and to apply
All submissions should be sent to [email protected].