The African Center for Technology Studies invites applications for the Artificial Intelligence for Development (AI4D) Scholarships for Disadvantaged Females in Sub-Saharan Africa and Students from Low-Income Countries in 2021.
This grant is made available through the partnership of ACTS with the International Development Research Center (IDRC) and Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA).
ACTS’ vision is knowledge for better livelihoods. Its mission is to strengthen the capacity and policies of African countries and institutions to harness science, technology, and innovation for sustainable development.
Worth of Award
- Tuition fees for Ph.D. student (US$ 6000)
- Living allowance for Ph.D. student (for 30 months=US$15,000)
- Two return Air tickets to study country (US$ 750 return per trip= US$1500)
- Research activities (US$ 17,000)
- Traveling support for the supervisors (US$ 6,000)
- Each applicant must have successfully completed a Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines; AI, Computer Science, IT, IS, Electronic Engineering, or a related field.
- All applicants should have competent academic credentials and demonstrate motivation and commitment to pursue an academic career.
- All applicants should have a thorough knowledge of the language of instruction within their host university of choice (English, French or Portuguese).
- All applicants must be nationals or permanent residents of any sub-Saharan country.
How to Apply
All applications should be made online via the official website.
Deadline: May 3, 2021.