Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a Postdoc in Machine Learning in Economics and Decision Sciences in the 2021/22 academic session.
The postdoc is a non-tenured position for a two-year period with a research obligation and a well-defined and limited teaching obligation. While also continuing to pursue their own research interests, the postdoc will work with the group of Prof. Dolores Romero Morales, who has leading expertise in, among others, Transparency in AI, Interpretable Machine Learning and the role of Mathematical Optimization in these fields, and is the coordinator and scientific leader of the EU H2020 MSCA RISE European Network of Data Scientists project, www.riseneeds.eu. There are many possible topical backgrounds of candidates, including machine learning, visualization, AI, etc.
To fulfil the requirements of the position, the applicant chosen is expected to be physically present on a regular basis and actively participate in the teaching and research activities of the Department.
CBS and departmental responsibilities
- Research, including responsibility for the academic development of the relevant discipline.
- Publishing, scientific communication and research-based teaching.
- Active participation in research activities, such as research seminars, workshops and conferences.
- Teaching and associated examination in CBS programs.
- Promoting CBS’s academic reputation.
- Initiating fundraising and coordinating research projects.
- Contributing to administrative responsibilities of the Department and CBS-wide tasks.
- Communicating findings to the public in general and to CBS’s stakeholders in particular, including participating in the public debate.
Worth of Award
- Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Central Academic Organization.
- A small personal research budget for travel and conference participation will be available.
- The applicant should have a background in either Economics, Operations Research, Mathematics, or Applied Statistics, and must hold a PhD or the equivalent.
- Documented research track record at international level, including publications in recognized journals in the field.
- Documented pedagogical qualifications or other material for the evaluation of the pedagogical level.
- The applicant must be proficient in English (written and spoken).
How to Apply
Application must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, using the link below.
Applications must include:
- A cover letter (no more than 2 pages).
- A full CV.
- Proof of academic qualifications.
- Documentation of relevant, significant, original research at an international level, including publications in internationally recognized journals and citations in the Social Science Citation Index and/or Google Scholar.
- Information indicating experience in research management, industry co-operation and international collaboration.
- Complete, numbered list of publications (indicating titles, co-authors, page numbers and year), with an * marking of the publications to be considered for the review. A maximum of 5 academic works (journal papers, book chapters, books) published or forthcoming are allowed.
- Copies of the academic works to be considered during the review. Only publications written in English or one of the Scandinavian languages will be considered.
- Documentation of pedagogical qualifications or related material.
Deadline: Applications close on May 7, 2021.