The Department of Organization at Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a Postdoc in Transformational Entrepreneurship in the 2021/22 academic session.
Under Copenhagen Business School’s strategy of transforming society with business, this postdoc will contribute to entrepreneurship research and education through exploring the emerging field of transformational entrepreneurship in the context of higher education and co-curricular learning environments. Indicative topics of interest for the position are: frameworks in the intersection of entrepreneurship, learning and transformation; pedagogical and didactical tools in entrepreneurship and their application to broader educational concepts; the role of educational environments, practices and methodologies in developing students’ transformational capabilities; experiential learning processes, studio-based learning and their application in entrepreneurship education; systematic or institutional environments for entrepreneurship education; implications of entrepreneurship components on multi-disciplinary educators; identification and/or measurement of impactful learning within the context of the student’s entrepreneurial process; examination of transformative learning; the role of humanities in entrepreneurship education and at business schools; and related topics.
The theoretical foundation for research in entrepreneurship, learning and transformation is diverse, and a multitude of perspectives and approaches are invited. At the department of MPP researchers integrate entrepreneurship and pedagogy with insights from interpretative social science and the humanities. Considerable emphasis is placed on qualitative social science methodology.
The ideal candidate for the position will be a recent PhD graduate with a demonstrated theoretical interest in entrepreneurship, but also an interest in exploring how knowledge can be translated into practice. Experience with qualitative methodology is desirable. In addition, the candidate must have a track record of significant contributions to teaching and a willingness to engage with education theory and practices, since an important aspect of the position will be to contribute to the development of new approaches to transformational entrepreneurship education, co-curricular entrepreneurship programmes and activities through CSE.
Worth of Award
- Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Central Academic Organization.
- A small personal research budget for travel and conference participation will be available.
- Advanced degree in an appropriate field.
- Documented research production at an international level, including publications in internationally recognized journals in the field and/or books in recognized academic publishers. A postdoc is a position where emphasis is placed on the applicant’s research potential, which means that a researcher with a relevant research potential may be preferred to a researcher with a large research production.
- Documented teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of his/her pedagogical level. Please include an overview of teaching experience, evaluations and pedagogical considerations.
- Professional proficiency in English (written and spoken).
- Entrepreneurial experience is a plus.
- Strong entrepreneurship educational profile.
- Social and communicative skills.
How to Apply
Application must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, using the link below.
Application must include:
- A statement of application.
- Applicants are asked to sketch a dedicated research project within the priorities of CSE and MPP, focusing on transformational entrepreneurship.
- Proof of qualifications and a full CV.
- Documentation of relevant, significant, original research at an international level, including publications in the field’s internationally recognized journals and citations in the Social Science Citation Index and/or Google Scholar.
- Documentation of teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of his/her pedagogical level.
- Information indicating experience in research management, industry cooperation and international co-operation.
- A complete, numbered list of publications (indicating titles, co-authors, page numbers and year) with an * marking of the academic productions to be considered during the review. A maximum of 10 publications for review are allowed. Applicants are requested to prioritise their publications in relation to the field of this job advertisement.
- Copies of the publications marked with an *. Only publications written in English (or another specified principal language, according to research tradition) or one of the Scandinavian languages will be taken into consideration. In case of publications with multiple authors, specify the contribution that the applicant has made in the publication.
Deadline: Applications close on June 11, 2021.