The School of Oriental & African Studies (SOAS), University of London invites applications for the Tallow Chandlers and M.W. Beer Scholarship for the 2021/22 academic session.
The Tallow Chandlers and M.W. Beer have generously provided SOAS with a scholarship for students enrolled in an eligible Master’s degree programme.
The scholarship is for full-time or part-time students. The scholarship may be held in conjunction with other scholarships. However, please be aware that all financial support secured before April 30, 2021, must be declared in your application. Any awards held will be taken into consideration on assessment of financial need.
Worth of Award
The total budget for the SOAS University of London scholarship is a maximum of £10,000 for 2021-22.
- The scholarship will be awarded to a student whose dissertation will research the oil and edible fats industries. Examples include the environmental impact of palm oil, biodiesel, and sustainability or the commodities trading of oils and fats.
- Open to UK/EU and overseas applicants.
- Applicants must have an offer of admission to the degree programme by the scholarship application deadline.
- Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible. If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet the English requirements as soon as possible.
How to Apply
- In addition to the online scholarship application, new applicants only (new admissions, starting in September 2021), must submit a complete online application for admission.
- Applicants must have an offer of admission at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline.
A complete application for admission includes
- an explanation of the grading system for any degrees obtained outside of the UK,
- two references,
- CV, and
- a personal statement.
Deadline: Scholarship applications must be received no later than 15:00 (UK local time) on April 30, 2021. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered