Standard Bank invites applications for the Standard Bank Africa Chairman’s Scholarship for Exceptional Students in South Africa for the 2021/22 academic session.
The Standard Bank Africa Chairman’s Scholarship is available to graduate students who are and will ordinarily remain resident in one of the African countries in which Standard Bank is present. Prospective candidates must demonstrate an exceptional academic track record and will need to have successfully qualified on their own merit in their application for a one-year Master’s programme at either of the following partner university institutions:
- Oxford, Cambridge, and London School of Economics and Political Science.
Preference will be given to students commencing a course of study in one of the following programmes:
University of Oxford
- MSC programme provided by the Mathematical, Physical and Life Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities divisions at the University.
London School of Economics and Political Science
- Environmental Economics and Climate Change
- Public Management and Governance
- Risk and Finance
- Finance and Private Equity
- Real Estate Economics and Finance
- Law and Accounting
- Economics and Management
- Management Information Systems and Digital Innovation
- Management and Strategy
- Financial Mathematics
- Economics and Philosophy
- Environment and Development
University of Cambridge
- Engineering for Sustainable Development
Worth of Award
- The scholarships will provide the tuition and college fee in full and
- A maintenance grant. The grant covers living costs incurred in the college such as rental of college accommodation, food taken in college, etc. This is commensurate to the national minimum doctoral stipend of the UK Research Councils.
- Graduate students who are and will ordinarily remain resident in one of the African countries in which Standard Bank is present.
How to Apply
- Please be advised that you will be required to apply for your programme of choice as well as funding.
- Application dates vary for each institution.
- Please, therefore, refer to your university of choice for application dates.
Deadline: Applications are ongoing.