VivaTech, in partnership with International Trade Centre offers the FastTrackTech Challenge to enable startups to pitch at the gathering in 2021.
Worth of Award
A $5000 cash prize
·20 hours of mentoring on a topic of your choice
· The opportunity to exhibit on the FastTrackTech booth at VivaTech (booth value of $14000)
· Linkages with VCs and partners from our network
All work shall be FOSS/Open Source in line with the commitment of UNESCO to ensure access to information and harness new technologies to improve people’s lives and tackle sustainable development challenges.
- Respond to pressing development challenges at local, national or regional levels;
- Enable the visualization of data in an innovative and/or easy-to-understand way;
- Mobilize and create engagement of variety of stakeholders and sectors in society;
- Gender-sensitive prototype, recognizing or encouraging women’s participation in sustainable development;
- Functioning solution: An important point is, is the prototype or showcase functioning? We prefer real code and design implementations over mockups;
- Platform: Share information about what operating systems or devices can your hack run on;
- Resources: Include information about API, SDK, or data set, that are required to run the app;
- New vs Existing solutions: Any work done needs to be new for the competition. Existing solutions are not eligible. However the specific details what is acceptable and what is not will be determined by the jury. For example existing solutions that have been modified substantially and include entirely new functionality would still be eligible.
Addition Judging Criteria:
- Technical Implementation: The solution implements and uses technologies in an innovative way.
- Open Data and Open Knowledge: The solution is using open and accessible data and open knowledge in an innovative way to benefit the society.
- Usability and UX: The hack is an easy-to-use prototype and an intuitive application with a clear and easy to use UI.
- Benefit to Society: The solution has the potential to engage with a wide range of actors in the society for sustainable development.
- Scalability and Replicability: It is possible to scale the solution and replicate it in different contexts.
- Inclusiveness: The solution targets and involves, both in its inception and deployment, women, youth, and otherwise marginalized groups.
How to Apply
- You can apply for this opportunity through the link on their websites.
- The application must be written in English. It does not require the candidate to provide proof of residence or nationality.
Deadline: Applications close on April 30, 2021.