The Open University invites applications for the PhD Studentships in Business and Law for International Students at the Open University in the UK for the 2021/22 academic year.
You will join a vibrant environment of students and academics in the Faculty of Business and Law who conduct research of the highest international standard that has economic, public and social value consistent with the mission of the Open University. You will work with subject specialists and have the opportunity to develop your skills in research communication, engagement and impact.
Worth of Award
Studentships for the PhD Studentships in Business and Law at the Open University cover tuition fees, a generous research training support grant and a stipend (circa £15,544 per annum) for 36 months.
Applicants for the PhD programme should have minimum qualifications of an upper second class honours degree 2:1 (or an equivalent) and usually a specialist masters in a subject relevant to the intended study with a strong research element.
How to Apply
Your application for the PhD Studentships in Business and Law at the Open University must include:
- a proposal which should be at least 1,000 words and no longer than 2,000 words, which indicates your knowledge of the literature, methods and likely approach to your project of interest (guidance on how to write your research proposal)
- a covering letter indicating your suitability for the project
- a fully completed application form
- copies of degree certificates and transcripts relevant to your application
- Your proposal, covering letter, fully completed application form and copies of certificates and transcripts, should be emailed to [email protected] by the closing time and date.
- If your first language is not English, you will need to verify your competence in the English Language in all four elements (reading, writing, listening and speaking).
- The university requires a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 with no less than 6.0 in any of the four categories (or approved equivalent).
- You should have your level of proficiency certified through a provider approved by UK Visas and Immigration and provide your certificate and grade with your application.
Deadline: July, 13, 2021.