The Erik Jonsson School of Engineering & Computer Science at UT Dallas in the USA invites applications for the Axxess Scholarships for International Students in Engineering & Computer Science for the 2021/22 academic year.
The school provides scholarship funds to highly qualified undergraduate students that are selected by its scholarship committees. Fortunately, all freshmen are automatically considered for scholarships from the university.
Engineering is central to the mission of UT Dallas, which is committed to being a global leader in innovative, high-quality science, engineering, and business education and research.
The Jonsson School is one of the fastest-growing and most vigorous engineering and computer science schools in the United States.
Worth of Award
The scholarship covers tuition fees.
To be eligible for the Axxess Scholarships for International Students, a candidate must be a/have an
- U.S. citizen/permanent resident/international student.
- Full-time incoming or current junior or senior pursuing an undergraduate degree offered by the computer science department (CS, SE or Data Science) in the Jonsson School.
- Academic merit-base with a minimum 3.3 cumulative GPA.
The candidate must also be
- Among equally qualified applicants as preference will be given to students who
- (1) demonstrate the greatest potential for success in the field of computer science and/or software engineering and
- (2) demonstrate leadership abilities, community volunteerism or work experience.
- The recipient must sign a release form in accordance with FERPA allowing UT Dallas to use application material for scholarship purposes.
- The scholarships are renewable annually until the completion of an undergraduate degree or up to 2 years, whichever comes first as long as the criteria are met continually.
- If the recipient’s cumulative GPA falls below 3.3 and/or is no longer a full-time student, the recipient is given one semester to raise cumulative GPA to 3.3 and/or enrol as a full-time student in order to continue receiving this scholarship. If the recipient is unable to meet the criteria at the end of the probationary semester, then the recipient is no longer eligible to receive this scholarship.
How to Apply
All applications are to be made online via the official website.
Deadline: May 14, 2021, at 5:00 pm.