Denys Holland Scholarship aims to support undergraduate students who without support, would be unable to secure the funding required to study at UCL.
UCL has been in the business of thinking disruptively since 1826. Thus, being one of its students is about so much more than just acquiring knowledge. Studying at UCL gives you the opportunity to realise your potential as an individual, and the skills and tools to thrive in whatever you choose to do
This is why it is seeking students who are able to demonstrate broad interests and intend to be actively involved in and contribute to, the life of the university.
Worth of Award
The scholarship is worth £9,000 per year for three years, subject to satisfactory academic progress.
Applicants should hold a/an:
- valid UCL Student Number;
- valid UCAS Personal ID (not UCAS Registration number);
- offer of admission to UCL for full-time undergraduate study commencing in September 2021, in any department;
Similarly, applicants should be
- in financial need;
- able to demonstrate that they have broad interests and intend to be actively involved in and contribute to the life of the university.
How to Apply
- Applicants will be required to detail their current outside interests and indicate areas of non-academic activity. These include interests which they would hope to pursue while a student.
- They will also have to provide information on their financial circumstances and other sources of income being sought to fund their studies.
- Additional information may be requested by the selection panel.
The scholarship is awarded on the basis of financial need, subject to applicants demonstrating their intention to play a full part in extracurricular activities of UCL and the Students Union.
Deadline: Friday, July 2, 2021, 11.59 pm BST.