One Young World in partnership with The Jang Calderón Family Foundation invites applications for the One Young World Ilia Calderón Scholarship Summit for Young Leaders in Munich, Germany 2021.
This summit seeks to support young Black or Indigenous leaders, who are leading innovative and impactful initiatives in Latin America. The “Ilia Calderón Scholarship” will select and fund the participation of two young Black or Indigenous leaders from Latin America, who will be able to travel to Europe and attend the One Young World Summit 2021 in Munich, Germany.
Worth of Award
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2021 in Munich.
- Hotel accommodation in a private room between 22 and 25 (inclusive) July 2021.
- Cost of travel to and from Munich (economy class).
- Domestic travel costs to the airport to take international flight (economy class).
- Visa costs if applicable.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the venue.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner (provided by the hotel and during the summit).
- Translation services from English to Spanish in the plenary sessions, welcome and closing event.
Candidate must be
- Aged 18-30 at the time of the One Young World Summit 2021 which takes place in Munich from July 22-25.
- Eligible nationalities include
Colombia, Venezuela, Dominican Republic, Haiti,
Panama, Honduras, Costa Rica, El Salvador,
Guatemala, Mexico, Nicaragua, Antigua and Barbuda,
Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cuba,
Dominica, Guyana, Grenada, Jamaica,
Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines,
Suriname, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Brazil.
Candidates will also be evaluated on the following:
- Demonstrate commitment and potential benefits for the communities or territories to which they belong.
- Relevance of the initiatives to which s/he leads or s/he participates.
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership.
- Address key local and/or global issues in their community or territories.
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas.
- Motivation to participate in One Young World.
How to Apply
All applications should be made online via the official website.
Deadline: April 24, 2021, 9 am GMT.