The Penn State Department of Architectural Engineering (AE) in partnership with the World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program invites applications for the World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program for Mid-Career Professionals in the USA for the 2021/22 academic year.
The Penn State Department of Architectural Engineering is ranked globally at the top of its field. It offers an M.S. in Architectural Engineering that contains a mix of research and coursework. M.S. students take a minimum of 30 credits, including a 6-credit research thesis. Students who obtain the M.S. degree are well prepared for positions in the building industry or for continuing their education in a doctoral program.
The M.Eng. in architectural engineering is a 12-month program consisting of a 30-credit core curriculum. The program is specifically designed with an ultra-high-performance buildings emphasis to grow the knowledge base and technical skills of building professionals, policymakers, and regulators. They will be expected to return to their home countries to contribute to advancing the building and construction sectors. This will be done through the engineering of ultra-high-performance and sustainable buildings.
Worth of Award
The World Bank is offering full scholarships that cover all expenses for mid-career
professionals from specific countries.
- Candidates must have a minimum of three years of work experience in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM)-related fields.
- They must also have a career ambition to use the knowledge gained to positively impact the building stockpile in their home country.
How to Apply
Apply to the World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program and be admitted to the M.S. or M.Eng. degree program in architectural engineering via the Graduate School portal.
Also, you’ll need to fulfil the World Bank requirements, including
- Be a citizen of a World Bank-eligible country.
- Have three years of STEM-related experience.
- Have a bachelor’s degree completed at least three years before applying.
- Be employed full time in development work.
Deadline: The application is available on the World Bank website from noon ET on March 22 to noon ET on May 21.