The Federal Government of Nigeria invites application from interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the 2014/2015 Nomination Interview for Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards for: ( i) Undergraduate(UG) studies tenable in Russia, Cuba,Morocco, Algeria, Romania, Ukraine, Turkey, Egypt, Japan, Serbia, Macedonia and (ii) Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in Russia, China, Turkey, Japan, Serbia, Mexico, e.t.c
Worth of Award
These countries are responsible for the tuition and accommodation, while Nigeria government takes care of the following.
- $500 monthly for supplementation
- $250 yearly for warm clothing
- $200 yearly for Health Insurance
- $500 yearly for medical scholars only
- $1000 for PG research grant yearly were applicable
- N100,000 – Take off for PG scholars were applicable
- N60,000 – Take off for UG scholars were applicable
- All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secoundary School Certificate, WAEC or NECO (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics. Certificates should not be more than Two (2) years old (2012 or 2013).
- Age limit is 22 years.
- All applicants must hold a First Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division. The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have completed at least two (2) years post qualification or employment practice in Nigeria. A knowledge of the Foreign language of the donor country is desired particularly for those applying for Russian Award.
- All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C.
- Age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
- Knowledge of the language of the country of choice is an added advantage.
Eligible fields of study
- Undergraduate level – Medicine, Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics,Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, etc
- Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and Ph.D) in all fields
How to Apply
All qualified candidates are advised to:
- Visit the Federal Scholarship Board website (see link below)
- Click on the Application Center
- Register your username and password
- Click BEA in the Application Center
- Proceed to complete the form online and submit
- Then print the completed Application form
- Submit two copies at the venue of the Interview as scheduled (find attached in the website)
- NOTE:Double Entries Would Be Disqualified
Venue of Interview:
- All eligible applicants are to report for interview at the venues scheduled for their respective zones of origin. Applicants are strongly advised to attend the interview at their zones of origin.
- Candidates nominated and finally selected by the awarding BEA countries will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following:
- Authenticated copies of academic certificates
- Medical certificate of Fitness including HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, Hepatitis B free certificates and chest x-ray from a Teaching Hospital, General Hospital or National Hospital, Abuja.
- OR, any Hospital as designated by the awarding country.
- Police clearance certificate with finger prints ( on request)
Deadline: Take all necessary documents described above to the relevant venue between March 24 – 28, 2014.
Click here for details and to apply online.