Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a part-time postdoc position at the Department of Strategy and Innovation. The expected starting date is 1 May 2021.
The postdoc position is time-limited to 2 years. The position is part-time of approximately 5 hours per week. The position is connected to the research activities in the research project Crowdfunding for Youth Entrepreneurship in Tanzania (C4YET). The project is funded by the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The overall objective of C4YET is to promote youth–led businesses and start-ups through increased access to crowdfunding. Empirical evidence from the available literature presents limited evidence on the determinants of crowdfunding, particularly crowdfunding in developing countries, let alone the specific context of youth entrepreneurs in Tanzania. We seek to answer the question “How do you get crowdfunded?” It is expected that by the end of C4YET, youth entrepreneurs will be empowered with knowledge and skills relevant for successful crowdfunding campaigns.
The role of the postdoc is to participate in ongoing research and development of novel projects. Organization of field trips, team-based research work, theory development, and data analyses are key tasks related to the position. The ideal candidate for the position will be a PhD graduate, who is currently involved in research projects within the fields of entrepreneurship, crowdfunding, and methodological experience from experiments. The candidate should have a deep interest in this domain and be able to provide research support in terms of literature reviews, analyses, and “lab manager” role. A thorough training in the relevant research literature (strategy and entrepreneurship) is desirable. A solid background in Economics is a plus.
Worth of Award
- Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Central Academic Organization
- Applicants must have completed a PhD in Management, Economics, or other related social science disciplines.
- Excellent academic record and work ethic required.
- Excellent organizational and oral/written communication skills required.
- Enthusiasm for research required. The ideal candidate will be thinking of this position as a platform to build skills towards taking on a research professorship in the future.
How to Apply
Applications must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, using the link below.
Application must include:
- Cover letter.
- Proof of qualifications and a full CV.
- Any relevant information indicating experience in research management, industry co-operation and international co-operation.
- A complete, numbered list of published or unpublished manuscripts with an * marking the 3 to 5 academic productions to be considered during the review.
- Copies of the manuscripts marked with an *. Only publications written in English will be taken into consideration.
Deadline: Applications close on April 8, 2021.