The Prize aims to encourage the development of the mission of higher education institutions in education, research, innovation, and outreach. This of course is in the agricultural and life sciences sector which recognizes the distinguished contribution of individuals to this mission.
For a fact, GCHERA has the mission to encourage mutual understanding and global co-operation. This is among higher education associations and their constituent member institutions. Unmistakably, the goal is to support innovation and to provide within the global context, leadership in education, research, and outreach. Once again, this is specifically in the agricultural and life sciences sector.
Worth of Award
Two 100,000 USD prizes will be awarded in 2021 with at least one recipient coming from a country NOT classified as having a developed economy.
In order to be eligible,
- The World Agriculture Prizes will be awarded each to an individual academic/faculty member from a higher education institution.
- Expectedly, this will be in recognition of the academic/faculty member’s lifetime achievements working in the disciplines relating to the agricultural and life sciences. This includes but is not limited to
- natural resources,
- bio-based products,
- rural development, and
- the environment.
In a similar vein,
- Each nominee will demonstrate exceptional and significant achievement in his or her engagement in the mission of higher education institutions. This of course will be in education, research, innovation, and outreach relating to the agricultural and life sciences.
- Rest assured, the impact of these achievements will most likely be demonstrated in the work of the nominee in the development of the institution(s) in which the nominee has served.
- It will also be demonstrated in the local and wider geographical region of those institution(s), but not necessarily globally.
How to Apply
All applications should be made online via the official website.
Deadline: The World Agriculture Prize will be closed for registration and nominations on June 30, 2021, at 5:00 pm GMT.