The Swiss Forum for International Agricultural Research (SFIAR) Award invites applications in Switzerland in 2021.
The Swiss Forum for International Agricultural Research (SFIAR) is an informal multi-stakeholder group of Swiss institutions and private individuals. Without a doubt, these are parties interested in agricultural research for development (ARD).
It is, therefore, no surprise that members come from research institutions, NGOs, the private sector, farmers’ organisations and public agencies. Expectedly, individuals are members as well. It is worthy of note that the goals and objectives of SFIAR are
- Sharing information between ARD stakeholders in Switzerland
- Promoting the visibility of Swiss ARD
- Playing an advocacy role at the policy level
- Serving as a national partner in international initiatives
- Promoting collaboration between actors in Swiss ARD
Worth of Award
The SFIAR Award 2021 is restricted to the following:
- one prize (CHF 10’000) for the best PostDoc/Team project and
- one prize (CHF 1’000) for the best Master’s thesis.
Eligibility for the SFIAR Award means that the research
- is within the thematic scope.
- has been completed preferably no longer than three years ago, or is ongoing with recent achievements/milestones. (for Master’s Thesis Award: master’s thesis submitted preferably not longer than 18 months ago).
- has been carried out at or in close collaboration with a Swiss institution.
Furthermore, it means that the research has involved partners (institutions and/or individuals) located in developing countries covering at least one of the following characteristics:
- partnership, outreach to the farm level, output and impact.
- product development (or steps thereof).
- tool or instrument that can be applied in the local context.
How to Apply
As a matter of fact, applicants have to fill in the attached application form and provide the research summary (maximum 2 pages including illustrations). They also need to provide the other documents mentioned on the form in English, French or German.
Kindly note that applications that do not meet the formal requirements will not be considered.
Deadline: The deadline for applications is July 15, 2021.