The Fashion Matters MA Scholarships is aimed at promoting postgraduate studies at the London College of Fashion to students with the ability and potential to make an exceptional contribution to the fashion industry and in particular the footwear and accessories industries.
Three selected students accepted on the full-time MA Footwear Course or the MA Artifact Course at London College of Fashion, will be awarded for enrollment in September 2014.
Worth of Award
- The fashion Matters MA Scholarships are worth £15,000 each and will cover full tuition fees and some maintenance for a Home/EU recipient and a contribution towards tuition fees for an Overseas recipient.
- Applicants must enrol on their postgraduate course in the same academic year for which they have applied for funding.
- If any applicant is unable to do this for any reason the scholarship will be withdrawn.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must be:
- Accepted for a full-time MA Footwear Course or the MA Artefact Course at London College of Fashion, commencing September 2014.
- A graduate from the BA (Hons) Footwear or the BA (Hons) Accessories Course at London College of Fashion within the last three years.
- The Fashion Matters MA Scholarship holders are expected to attend all timetabled classes and tutorials, excepting periods of absence due to illness.
- Attendance will be monitored, and any student with an unacceptable attendance record may risk the termination of their scholarship.
- The scholarship holders must attend a small number college and university events promoting scholarship support to potential donors, and to meet with the donor and other scholarship supporters at these events, during and wherever convenient after completing their course.
- The College will terminate the scholarship if registration lapses on any grounds, other than temporary suspension of study due to extenuating circumstances. These circumstances must be drawn to the attention of the relevant course director at London College of Fashion through formal procedures, and upheld by the London College of Fashion Extenuating Circumstances Panel. If the scholarship is terminated then the student will be expected to pay back the maintenance payments they have received to that point.
How to Apply
Applicants are to submit all required elements:
- Completed application form (available online)
- Portfolio – one PDF file containing a title page with your name, course and 10 images of your work. You may submit the same work used for your course entry. This should be submitted in the form of a digital portfolio on a CD.
- Supporting Statement
- CV (Curriculum Vitae)
- Last three months’ bank statements
All applications must be clearly titled, with your full name.
Should be sent to
Scholarships & Bursaries
Student Funding Service
University of the Arts London
272 High Holborn
Deadline: All applications must be received on May 16,2014. There is only one closing date for all applications each year.