Charles University Faculty of Social Sciences is offering a limited number of partial scholarships for students of all fee based programs in academic year 2014/2015. A total of seven scholarships are available, ear-marked for students from developing countries and/or countries going through a process of political and economic transition.
Worth of Award
- Under the terms of this scholarship, students will receive a waiver of school fees for their first semester of study, plus a one-off payment of Kc 50,000 (about 2,050 Euro) as a contribution towards living costs.
- School fees for the second semester of study will NOT be waived.
- Applications for these scholarships are open to all students from developing countries and/or countries going through a process of political and economic transition, who are applying for study in one of our Bachelor’s studies or Master’s studies programmes at Charles University Faculty of Social Sciences from academic year 2014/15.
How to apply
- Applications must be made on the form that accompanies this announcement, and must include the following documents:
- completed application form;
- motivation essay of no more than 1000 words, explaining why they need a scholarship, and what they hope to gain from their studies at Charles University;
- two letters of recommendation from teachers, who know the student from their previous studies, including confirmation of the student’s financial need.
- Note: The current scholarship holders who are reapplying do not need to submit the two recommendation letters or write the essay. Please include a cover note and one recommendation letter from a Charles University academic who knows you from your studies with your applicatioon.
- Applications should be sent to Manager, International Office (at the address below). All documents submitted must be originals and written in the English language, or accompanied by certified translations.
Selection of Applicants
- All scholarship applications received by the deadline will be assessed by a Scholarship Review Board, which will recommend seven students to receive scholarships to the Dean of the Faculty. The decision of the Board on which students it will recommend for a scholarship will be independent of the deliberations of the Admissions Panel regarding which students to admit. However, only students finally admitted by the Faculty are eligible to become scholarship holders.
- In addition to the documents submitted by scholarship applicants, the Scholarship Review Board will take into consideration applicants’ results from their earlier studies. Priority will be given to students who have not previously had the opportunity to study abroad.
- A final decision regarding the students to be offered scholarships will be made by the Dean. The Dean will not enter into correspondence with unsuccessful applicants regarding this decision.
All Scholarship Application should be sent to:
Manager, International Office
Faculty of Social Sciences
Smetanovo nabrezi 6
110 01 Praha 1
E-mail: [email protected] (enquiries only)
Deadline: Applications closes on April 30, 2014. Students who will have problems meeting this deadline due to inefficient or unreliable postal services may, as a temporary measure, submit fax copies and/or scanned copies by e-mail. However, originals must also be sent, and final decisions will not be made until originals have been received.