The Intra-Africa Mobility Scheme invites applications for the Education for Laser-Based Manufacturing (ELBM) in Botswana for the 2021/2022 academic year.
The Education for Laser-based Manufacturing project will capacitate partner institutions in teaching and research programmes related to Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering. This is in order to develop the necessary expertise needed for economic development.
It will also support the development of new laser-based manufacturing programmes that are being established and support existing ones. Again the intension here is to harmonize the laser-based manufacturing curricula across Africa and also align the curricula with industry needs.
Worth of Award
The scholarship covers
- Roundtrip flight ticket and visa costs (using a preferred travel agent and calculated against direct linear distance).
- Participation costs such as tuition fees, registration fees and service fees where applicable.
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance (Health, Accident and Travel).
- A monthly subsistence allowance for the mobility period.
- Settling-in Allowance.
Research Costs: only eligible for the mobility of ten (10) months or more.
- An extra allowance corresponding to the monthly subsistence allowance’s will be paid per academic year to female master students and doctoral candidates, for mobility equal to or longer than 2 academic years.
- Here’s a quick breakdown:
- Participation Costs (per academic year): €3,500
- Subsistence Allowance (per month): €600
- Research Costs (per academic year): €600
- Insurance costs (per month): €75.
To be eligible for the Education for Laser-Based Manufacturing masters and doctoral, students must:
- Be nationals and/or residents of an eligible country. At the time of the application for a scholarship, be registered/admitted in their final year or have obtained their most recent degree (or equivalent) from:
- One of the higher education institutions included in the partnership (Target Group 1).
- A higher education institution not included in the partnership but established in an eligible country (Target Group 2).
- Have sufficient knowledge of the language of instruction in the host institution.
- Meet the specific requirements of the host institution.
In a similar vein, to be eligible for ELbM scholarships staff must:
- Be national(s) and resident(s) in any of the eligible countries.
- Work in or be associated with a partner higher education institution.
- Have sufficient knowledge of the operational language in the host institution.
How to Apply
- Carefully read the “Before you Apply” section on the website. Please complete the online application. If you are a first-time user, you will need to register but if you are already registered, simply log in.
- Note that you will also be asked to submit electronic versions of your resume, essay responses, transcripts, and the name and email of your references. In view of this, please scan your transcripts and resumes into electronic format (PDF format preferred for all requested documents).
Deadline: The call for applications has been extended to March 15th 2021.