Charles University invites applications for the Prague Mathematics Tuition Fee Scholarships in the Czech Republic for the 2021/2022 academic session.
The Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University, grants a limited number of scholarships to highly qualified applicants, consisting of a tuition fee waiver. However, this depends on the applicant’s chosen programme, academic performance and country of origin.
Worth of Award
- The scholarship includes direct coverage of tuition fees for academic years 2021/22 and 2022/23, which amounts to 84 000 CZK (around 3 240 EUR).
- This is per academic year for students from the EU, and 140 000 CZK (around 5 400 EUR) per academic year for students outside the EU.
- The scholarship is open to candidates applying for the Master’s Programmes in Mathematics. That is for any of the programmes Computational Mathematics, Financial and Insurance Mathematics, Mathematical Analysis, Mathematical Structures, Mathematics for Information Technologies.
- Other programmes include Probability, Mathematical Statistics and Econometrics, Mathematical Modelling in Physics and Technology), at the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics.
- Note that the language of instruction English, for the academic years, beginning 2021/2022, and those who have not studied in the programme earlier.
How to Apply
To apply for the Prague Mathematics Tuition Fee Scholarships, you must apply for the Master’s Programme in Mathematics. This you can do by using the Student Information System of Charles University. Also, ensure to accompany your application with the following documents:
(i) curriculum vitae;
(ii) motivation letter;
(iii) list of publications (if applicable);
(iv) transcript(s) of records;
(v) application for the PMTFS (no prescribed form);
(vi) two letters of recommendation from academic supervisors or employer.
All these documents must be written in or translated into English.
Deadline: The deadline for submitting applications is April 30, 2021.