The Open Society University Network (OSUN) Research Hub in Eastern Africa invites applicants to a 10-month research fellowship in 2021.
Selected Fellows will serve as the inaugural cohort for the Hub and will have the opportunity to work closely with faculty and OSUN leadership. The aim here is on setting the agenda and direction of the work.
Without a doubt, OSUN is global in scope. It has deep partnerships among diverse institutions committed to addressing global challenges collaboratively. The network seeks to integrate curricula and research across institutions in different countries.
As a matter of priority, research proposals should focus on one of OSUN’s Academic Themes. They include
- Democratic Practice
- Human Rights
- Arts and Open Society
- Global Public Health
Kindly note that the research should be situated in the region of Eastern Africa.
Worth of Award
- Fellows will receive a stipend of US $700 each month over a ten-month period.
- Expectedly, during the fellowship, recipients will be guided by an OSUN faculty member or another specialist for regular readvising and editorial input.
- In addition to completing a research/writing project, fellows will support the development of OSUN’s Eastern Africa Research Hub.
- They will be required to participate in a monthly planning session with the Hub Leadership Team and affiliate faculty.
- They will also be expected to present at least twice during the 10-month period to the OSUN Network.
- Undoubtedly, the fellowship will conclude with a January 2022 reflection session as well as a final presentation on the completed and publishable work.
How to Apply
When sending in applications for the Open Society University Network Research Hub Fellowship, candidates should submit
- a resume showing their interests and experience in conducting research,
- two letters of reference,
- a writing sample of not more than 10 pages, and
- a one-page proposal for the research and writing they propose to complete by the end of the fellowship period.
Interestingly, the work can include written, audio or video material. Final submissions will need to be in complete, edited, and publishable form by January 2022.
Deadline: The application deadline is March 19, 2021.