The Young Innovation Leaders Y.I.L invites applications for the Young Innovation Leaders Fellowship in West Africa in 2021.
The Y.I.L Fellowship is a four-month annual leadership immersion programme in innovation management designed to empower young professionals to attain their ultimate career dreams and inspire innovation in their spheres. Its chief aim is to unleash human potentials and scale up excellence.
Without a doubt, the fellowship affords fellows the opportunity to
- Learn how to create innovations from the experts
- Access a full scholarship
- Participate in the capstone projects
- Participate in the mentorship programme
It also affords them the opportunity to
- Gain Innovation Management certification
- Build a great network with talented young professionals across the globe
- Be part of the rigorous multi-stage selection process
Worth of Award
As a fellow, here’s what you stand to gain from the programme:
- Become a Young Innovation Leader: Participants become Y.I.L Fellows and receive privileged access to mentorship and resources for career growth.
Capacity Development: Through the annual in-person gathering of industry champions to exchange ideas, discuss value creation, and network widely, you’ll build capacity.
Gain Scholarship: There are vast resources and opportunities from the platform at no cost which you can benefit from. Additionally, participants are entitled to monthly stipends during the fellowship programme.
Mentorship Opportunities: In a similar vein, you gain access to mentors from a pool of global industry experts plus an opportunity to train bright young minds in the future.
Develop Technologies: Here, you have the opportunity to develop novel technologies in teams, while working on a capstone project. Interestingly, concepts stand a chance of being funded for further development to a startup.
- The Young Innovation Leaders Fellowship has the following details for selection:
- Applicants must be within 5 years of graduation from higher institutions
- They should have a track record of academic excellence
- Prior work experience is not relevant
- Other details for selection include
- It is a multistage rigorous selection process
- Applicants must be between 20-30 years of age
- They should also have a hard skill
- How to Apply
- All applications are to be made online via the official website.
- Deadline: April 30, 2021.
- Click here for more details and to apply