The University of Bonn invites applications for the Bonn SDG Fellowships at the University of Bonn in Germany in 2022.
The aim of this funding line is to invite post-doctoral scientists in all areas of specialization. Especially those that conduct research primarily on a topic addressed in the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as set forth by the United Nations in its Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development. The scientists should research and teach at the university for one or two semesters.
As shown by the SDG index, implementing the SDGs poses considerable challenges for many countries in Africa, Asia and South America. Based on the 17th Sustainable Development Goal , “Partnerships for the Goals”, researchers in these regions are given preference for the Bonn SDG Fellowships. The goal is to support talented researchers and build and strengthen networks through them.
Worth of Award
For this reason, the funding covers the following:
The funding can cover the following:
- travel allowance (depending on country of origin)
- scholarship of € 3,000 per month (additional funds for family members: up to € 300 for a spouse and € 250 per child)
- research expense allowance of up to € 500 per month can be submitted to the International Office after the fellowship has been awarded. Information on applying for the allowance will be provided with your fellowship award.
This program is open to
- Post-doctoral researchers (with foreign citizenship) invited by a professor of the University of Bonn for a joint research project.
- Fellows who have a long-term affiliation (research or teach) at a university or research institute in the above-mentioned regions beyond her/his fellowship.
- Fellows who demonstrate proven expertise in an area of research from the thematic spectrum of the SDGs.
How to Apply
By way of application for the Bonn SDG Fellowships, you must submit
- An online form
- A project description (PDF of max. 8 pages), consisting of:
- An outline of the research project to be worked on during your stay in Bonn; please write your proposal for a multidisciplinary audience.
- Reasons for the invitation and a description of your contribution to research and teaching at the University of Bonn. This should include an outline of the activities through which you will enrich university life during your stay at Bonn.
- An overview of the collaboration between you and the fellow so far.
- An outline of your integration into the host institute (place of work, participation in teaching and research activities).
- An outline of follow-on value: (a) plan for the outcome of the stay, (b) plan for growing the collaboration in the future.
- Your CV (PDF)
- A financing plan
Deadline: The submission deadline May 01, 2022.