The University of Bonn invites applications for the Bonn SDG Fellowships at the University of Bonn in Germany in 2021.
Worth of Award
For this reason, the funding covers the following:
- A travel allowance (depending on the country of origin).
- A scholarship of € 3,000 per month (additional funds for family members: up to € 300 for a spouse and € 250 per child).
- A research expense allowance of up to € 500 per month can be submitted to the International Office after the fellowship has been awarded. Information on applying for the allowance will be provided with the fellowship award.
Kindly note that
- Insurance benefits are not included in the scholarship neither does the International Office provide housing for scholarship recipients.
It is also important to note at this point that
- the funding is for a period of at least 3 and not more than 12 months.
- So, when calculating costs please note the instructions in the financing plan.
To be eligible for this program, you need to
Be a Post-doctoral scientist (with foreign citizenship), who
Research or teach at a university or research institute in the above-mentioned regions,
Demonstrate proven expertise in an area of research from the thematic spectrum of the SDGs.
Other areas of eligibility include
- The quality of the research project to be worked on during the stay in Bonn.
- Work on a topic that contributes to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). This is as set forth by the United Nations in its Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development.
- Relevance of the research topic to developments in the region of origin.
- The fellow’s contribution to academic life in Bonn (e.g. via public lectures, seminars or colloquiums).
- The fellow’s integration into the host institute (place of work, integration into existing teaching and research activities).
- Follow-on value: a plan for future collaboration projects between the fellow and the host institute in Bonn.
How to Apply
By way of application for the Bonn SDG Fellowships, you must submit
- An online form
- A project description (PDF of max. 8 pages), consisting of A/An/Some
- outline of the research project to be worked on during the fellow’s stay in Bonn.
- reasons for the fellow’s invitation and a description of his or her contribution to research and teaching at the university. You’ll also provide an outline of the activities through which you will enrich university life at the university during your stay there.
- overview of the collaboration between you as the applicant and the fellow so far.
- outline of your integration into the host institute as a fellow (place of work, participation in teaching and research activities).
- outline of follow-on value: (a) plan for the outcome of the stay, (b) plan for growing the collaboration in the future.
- Your CV (PDF)
- A financing plan
Deadline: The submission deadline is May 31, 2021 (for funding starting at the earliest in January, and no later than July 2022).