Leeds University invites applications for the Business School Accounting & Finance Division Scholarship in the UK for the 2021/2022 academic year.
It would interest you to know that Leeds University Business School is number one in the UK for Accounting and Finance. Its mission is to make an exceptional impact on business and society globally through leadership in research and teaching.
For this reason, this award is open to home and international applicants. Thus, it will be made for one year in the first instance and renewable for a further period of up to two years. However, this is subject to satisfactory academic progress.
Worth of Award
To this effect,
- The award will cover full fees at the university rate of fees.
- It will also cover a maintenance grant at the standard UKRI rate of £15,285 in the 2020/21 session.
So, in order to be eligible for this scholarship,
- Candidates should ideally have a first-class or at least a good upper second-class undergraduate degree.
- In addition, they should also hold a British Masters degree (or equivalent degree from an overseas university). Or an equivalent professional qualification with a minimum average score of 60% (or equivalent) in an appropriate academic discipline.
The minimum English language entry requirement for research postgraduate research study is an IELTS of 7.0 overall with at least 6.0 in each component. This includes reading, writing, listening and speaking or equivalent.
However, it is important to note that the test must be dated within two years of the start date of the course in order to be valid.
In a similar vein,
- Applicants must not have already been awarded or be currently studying for a doctoral degree.
- Awards must be taken up by October 1, 2021.
- The awards are available for new Postgraduate Researchers undertaking full-time or part-time research study leading to the degree of PhD. Students who are already registered for a PhD research study are also excluded from applying.
- Applicants must live within a reasonable distance of the University of Leeds whilst in receipt of this scholarship.
How to Apply
First of all, apply for a research place of study by completing a study application form. You will be expected to meet the eligibility criteria for PhD candidates, including the English language requirements if your first language is not English. Once you have received your student ID number (a 9 digit number) move on to stage 2.
Apply for the Leeds University Business School Accounting and Finance Division studentship by working your way through the application form.
If English is not your first language, you must provide evidence that you meet the Faculty’s minimum English language requirements.
Deadline: The deadline for this application is Thursday, April 15, 2021.