The Public Service Commission (PSC) invites applications for the Government of Canada Postdoctoral Research Program for the 2021/2022 academic session.
It also provides the opportunity to work alongside multi-disciplinary teams of expert researchers and technicians on projects of critical importance to Canada.
Worth of Award
- Scientific Researchers (SE-RES) salary levels are incumbent-base.
- Therefore, the level of the position will be determined by the qualifications/ accomplishments of the successful candidate.
- As the PRP is for researchers at the beginning of their careers, starting salaries usually range between $58,563 and $113,877.
In order to be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must have obtained a doctoral degree (PhD) within the last three (3) years.
Expectedly, the degree should be from a recognized post-secondary institution in the field of natural sciences. Undoubtedly, specializations must be related to the duties of the position.
- You can apply to the PRP if you are currently enrolled in a doctoral program at a recognized post-secondary institution. However, you must have completed your degree in order to be appointed to a position.
- Similarly, candidates whose doctoral degree (obtained within the last three (3) years) is not in a field of natural sciences can also be considered.
- They will be considered for the program if they have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a scientific field. Thus, having the degree coupled with acceptable research, training and experience will serve as an added advantage.
- planning and conducting research.
- working with a team of researchers and support staff.
You also need experience in
Productivity/Recognition: This specifically refers to recognized achievement in the form of authorship and editorship of published or unpublished reports. It also extends to books, papers, peer-reviewed scientific journals, or other communications resulting from:
- Research, experimental development, or tasking associated with operational equipment and problems; OR
- Operational research and scientific analysis;
- Planning, analysis, and evaluation of Canadian and foreign programs in research and development are essential; OR
- Developmental work leading to the issue of patents, copyrights, or the creation of improved varieties, functions, or designs. It also includes recognition by the professional community of the research environment.
Note that additional experience criteria may be added based on the position being staffed.
Without a doubt, as an awardee, you need to possess the following competencies:
- Interactive Communication
- Integrity and Respect
Unmistakably, awardees should know that additional competencies may be added based on the position being staffed.
How to Apply
So, while sending in your applications, note that you will be required to upload your resumé/CV.
Additional optional documents that can be uploaded include:
- Cover letter;
- Academic diplomas;
- Official language results;
- Foreign education credentials assessments;
It is strongly advised that you have your documents ready and accessible before you start completing the application. This will help you avoid any potential interruptions or problems.
Deadline: Applications are ongoing.