The Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union is currently inviting applications for the Erasmus Mundus MSc in Chemical Innovation and Regulation in Europe for the 2023/2024 academic year.
The programme is a complete and flexible programme preparing professionals qualified to deal with all aspects of chemical safety. Chemicals play an irreplaceable role in everyday life. However, their use involves a risk: some may be highly toxic to humans and to the environment, or they may cause physical and chemical hazards.
To ensure a toxic-free environment, modern society demands chemicals strategies for sustainability. International chemical regulations such as the European REACH are an essential step in the right direction, promoting innovation to design safer chemicals and search for innovative chemical applications.
Additionally, the programme features 1 year of Classes + 1 year of Internship and Research.
Worth of Award
By the end of the programme each student will:
- have a thorough understanding of international regulations on the use of chemical substances;
- be able to design new safe chemical products;
- be able to project a business plan for the commercialization of new chemical products;
- understand the industrial implementation of new processes;
- understand the circular economy and its implications in chemical safety;
- evaluate environmental, toxicological, physical and reactivity risks of chemical substances.
The minimum requirements for admission to the Masters are:
Strong Academic Background in appropriate disciplines:
- candidates must hold a high education diploma issued by a competent High Education authority. This authority must attest to the completion of a degree equivalent to a 1st cycle (180 ECTS), in a field where Chemistry plays an important role.
Demonstrated command of the English language:
Applicants must prove he/she can understand, speak and write English proficiently enough to take the majority of modules.
Possible examples include:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language. TOEFL scores paper 575 / computer 232 Internet based TOEFL (TOEFL iBT™ ) total score 94.
- International English Language Testing System, IELTS scores 6.5.
- General Certificate of Education, GCSE, AS Level, A-Level.
- Cambridge Proficiency Certificate, CPE, Level 4-5.
- Oxford Higher Certificate, International Certificate Conference (ICC Stage 3 Technical).
Adequate financial resources:
You should be fully aware of the financial costs of the programme. These include the tuition fees and the costs of living and studying in the city of the Host University, i.e. accommodation, transportation and food.
How to Apply
The application is made online and is the same for all candidates.
To apply, you must create an account at
You will then be sent an email with credentials to enter the application portal.
Please download and read the instructions for candidates before filling your application form.
Deadline: Applications close January 31, 2023.