The Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarship is awarded annually to women pursuing undergraduate or master’s degrees in business management.The Scholarship program helps overcome gender barriers from the classroom to the boardroom.
The scholarship was established in 1998 from a generous bequest by Jane M. Klausman, a member of the Zonta Club of Syracuse, New York USA, and the 1990-1995 Zonta International Parliamentarian,
Worth of Award
- Zonta clubs provide awards for club recipients.
- Zonta International awards scholarships of US$1,000 each at the district/region level and twelve international scholarships in the amount of US$7,000 each.
- The Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarships are awarded annually and may be used for tuition, books or living expenses at any university, college or institution offering accredited business courses and degrees.
- Women pursuing a business or business-related degree who demonstrate outstanding potential in the field are eligible.
- Students pursuing online degrees are also eligible.
- Members and employees of Zonta International or the Zonta International Foundation are not eligible to apply for the Scholarships
How to Apply
- The Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarship program operates at the club, district/region and international levels of Zonta International.
- To apply, contact the Zonta club nearest you.
- Applicants must be nominated by a local Zonta club.
- Applications selected by Zonta clubs are sent to their respective Zonta Governors/Region South America Representative.
- A district/region evaluating committee selects one applicant per district/region to submit to Zonta International Headquarters.
- The Zonta International Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarship Committee selects twelve international recipients from the district/region applicants.
- Applications must be completed and presented to Zonta clubs according to the club’s assigned deadline
Deadline: deadline for the award is in stages.
- A club recipient is selected, and the application is presented to the Governor/Region South America Representative by 1 July .
- The district/region recipient is selected, and the application is presented to Zonta International Headquarters by 1 September .
- International recipients will be contacted by their Zonta club leader by mid October