The Erasmus Mundus Scholarships invites applications for the European Joint Master in Social Work with Children and Youth by the European Union for the 2021/2022 academic session.
The aim of ESWOCHY is to prepare highly skilled professionals to be leaders in the field of international, intercultural and comparative social work with children and youth. It would interest you to know that students of the programme will study in different Consortium Universities each semester.
Worth of Award
By virtue of undergoing this programme, students will possess an educational and experiential foundation that combines
- theories of social work,
- social sciences,
- humanities and indigenous knowledge,
- comparative international research,
- policy development and
- the newest knowledge of using ICT in social work practice with children and youth.
So, in order to be taken into consideration for the student’s application programme, candidates must comply with the minimum requirements which include:
Administrative prerequisites such as
- Compliance with the application calendar and deadlines;
- Submission of a complete set of required application documents in English language versions (certified English translation, if required).
Academic prerequisites such as
- Applicants eligible for the programme must be holders of a Bachelor’s degree. That or 1st Cycle or the equivalent University level higher education degree in the field of Social and Educational sciences.
- Graduates from other fields of studies can be admitted if their completed education is assessed by the universities (Governing Board) as equivalent/sufficient.
Language prerequisites such as
- Proficiency in written and spoken English at a B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CECR). This should be duly confirmed by specified language certificates in the Call for Applications.
How to Apply
Additionally, while making your application, please fill in the Online Registration form and submit the following:
Required documentation must be uploaded as digital copies and in English language versions. The required documents are:
- A completed application form.
- Curriculum Vitae (preferred format: Europass);
- A motivation letter (max. 1000 words) including a description of the reasons for the application to the programme.
- A scanned passport (only for EU citizens; a scan of the national ID will be accepted conditionally if the applicant does not have a passport at the time of application);
- A proof of residence (residence certificate or a certificate from the applicant’s workplace, study institution or training institution; certified translation to English);
Furthermore, you also need to provide
- A scan of an official Bachelor degree diploma or another equivalent University level higher education degree diploma. This should come along with official supplement listing courses taken and the respective grades (certified translation to English).
- Certificates of English language proficiency, at least B2 level of the CEFR. Similarly, assessments of English language proficiency certificates equivalent to level B2: TOEFL Paper 513-547, TOEFL IBT 65-78, IELTS 5.5-6.0.
- Minimum requirements: official TOEFL (institutional tests are not accepted). Here you need at least 88 points (internet-based test), 230 points (computer-based test) or 575 points (paper-based test). For the IELTS Academic, you need an overall grade of at least 6.5 or a Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) with a minimum level C.
- Evidence of experience in the field of social work, voluntary work with children and youth etc. (if any)
Deadline: Note that the deadline to apply for the European Joint Master ESWOCHY programme is March 15th, 2021 (12:00 (GMT+2).