Applications are currently being invited for the Erasmus Mundus GEM Joint Masters Degree Programme in Europe for the 2021/2022 academic session.
The aim of the GEM programme is to deliver top-class graduates from the EU and around the world, with the skills and networks to better manage socio-ecological systems for sustainable and equitable growth.
GEM is a prestigious, integrated, international study programme, jointly delivered by an international consortium of four higher education institutions. Each partner brings expertise in different aspects of human-environment interaction challenges with applied geospatial science:
- Natural resources management at ITC-University of Twente, the Netherlands (and GEM coordinating partner)
- Ecosystems and the environment at Lund University, Sweden
- Agriculture and forestry at Université catholique de Louvain, Belgium
- Socio-ecological systems and urban planning at the University of Tartu, Estonia
Worth of Award
As an awardee, you stand the chance to learn from four European university partners that:
- Bases its innovative teaching approaches on collaborative studies with stakeholders to address real socio-ecological challenges. As a GEM graduate, you will understand the scientific process and be able to apply it in your future career, both inside and outside academia, to meet sector skill needs.
- Makes extensive use of open-source ICT to bring diverse groups of students, staff, and stakeholders together in virtual environments for interdisciplinary learning. As a GEM graduate, you will interact with stakeholders in different sectors, and be comfortable doing so.
- Builds upon strategic partnerships between universities and industries to develop professional experience in the use of GI and EO science to address global challenges. As a GEM graduate, you will develop leadership, negotiation, networking, management, and communication skills and will be ready to act.
- Builds capacity by providing equal access to top-tier education. This diversity increases access to education and develops your language and culture skills, broadening minds to new ways of thinking.
The following are eligible for the Erasmus Mundus GEM programme
- Graduates from the EU
- International students from around the world
How to Apply
By way of application, if you have not yet created a personal profile, then create one by entering your e-mail address and chosen password. You will then receive your login data via your email address. This may take a few minutes.
Once the profile is created you can make an online application for the GEM MSc course.
But if you have already created a profile then you can log in using your e-mail address and password. However, if you have forgotten your password then use the ‘Lost your password?’ button to receive a new one.
As part of this process you are required to upload essential supporting documents:
- Copies of your degree certificate/diploma
- Course record/academic transcript;
- Proof of identity (copy of passport)
- Proof of English language ability
- A motivation statement explaining why you wish to follow this course
- Curriculum Vitae (resumé)
- Recommendation letter/reference letter
- A short (max. 1000 words) provisional description of your proposed research topic.
There are a few requirements for uploading files. You can upload the following file types: jpeg, gif, png and pdf. The maximum file size allowed is 2 MB.
Kindly note that if your country is not on the list of exempted countries, you need to submit the results of a recognized English test, e.g. British Council/IELTS.
Deadline: The deadline for applications is March 15th, 2021.