The European Union is offering the Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for the European Master in Sustainable Food Systems Engineering, Technology and Business in the 2022/23 academic session.
Looking for a Master’s programme to foster innovation and technology in order to cope with the future needs and sustainability in food systems, technology and business? You are welcome to join our European MSc programme!
To foster innovation and technology to cope with future needs and sustainability within our FOOD4S (“food force”) paradigm: Sustainable Food SystemS Science and Engineering.
BiFTec-FOOD4S adopts a transversal and multidisciplinary approach to a broad range of topics related to the 4S pillars Science (Food Science & Engineering Technology), Sustainability (Sustainable Food Product & Food Process Design), Safety (Food Safety & Quality), and Simulation (Computational Food Science & Technology).
The European Master of Science in Sustainable Food Systems Engineering, Technology and Business (BiFTec-FOOD4S) general course aims are targeting on preparing competent employees for sectors including sustainable food production, processing and agribusiness, in industry, academia and government.
Approximately 90% of the graduates of the preceding SEFOTECH.NUT course run from 2006 till 2016 and BiFTeC course (2015-2020) are getting full employment resulting from an ample number of job applications and within a reasonable application time of six months. The academic level of the Master’s course is being proved by the ability of approximately 10% of graduates who continue their studies at third level making a PhD.
Worth of Award
- a contribution to the students’ participation costs (including the tuition fees, library and laboratory costs, full insurance coverage and any other mandatory costs related to the students’ participation in the Master);
- although the tuition fee for the EGEI programme is € 16000 (for 2 years) and the participation cost covered under the Erasmus+ scholarship for Programme Country students is € 5000 (for 2 years), the scholarship holders from Programme Countries do not have to pay any additional tuition fee;
- a contribution to student travel and installation costs;
- a monthly subsistence allowance for the entire duration of the EMJMD study programme.
- Non-EU graduates as well as EU graduates intending to follow or develop their careers in food science, technology and business.
- Certain modules will also be available to qualified persons in the workplace, who wish to gain new insights and knowledge.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in a relevant area of studies giving access to a Master degree programme.
- Evidence of English proficiency: e.g., TOEFL 600 with Test of Written English at 475+; or iBT 90 with a score of at least 20 in each section; or IELTS score 6.5 with no sub-score below 6.0; or English language examinations Cambridge English-Advanced (CAE) or Cambridge English-Proficiency (CPE): 176+ on Cambridge English scale with no less than 169 in each skill and use of English
How to Apply
All applications must include the following:
- Translated copy of a diploma to show completed Bachelor’s or Master’s studies, or confirmation of ongoing studies in the academic year that those studies will be completed;
- Copy of a second diploma (second completed Bachelor´s OR High School diploma);
- Copy of passport;
- Proof of place of residence issued within 12 months before the submission deadline (e.g. ID, drivers licence, or any other document listed in the PRADO website, or a certificate from the candidate’s place of work, study or training issued by the employer or institution);
- Translated transcript of marks and academic results from both of the previous studies;
- Curriculum vitae;
- Motivation letter (the length of the letter should not exceed 2 000 characters including spaces);
- 2 letters of recommendation;
- Test results or certificate of the required level of English proficiency (C1; CAE; IELTS 7.0; TOEFL 95) for non-native English speakers;
- Completed supplementary questionnaire indicating study track preferences.
Deadline: The application deadline for the Erasmus Mundus scholarship is March 1, 2022.