Applications are currently being invited for the Women Techsters Fellowship Programme for Female African Technologists in 2022.
The Women Techsters program is a FREE experiential learning technology up-skilling program for young girls and women across Africa. The program aims to bridge the digital and technology knowledge divide between men and women in the technology ecosystem and ensure equal access to technological opportunities for women and girls.
The Fellowship program will commence in May 2022 and will run for a 1-year period. The first 6 months is the virtual technical and soft skill training, and the last 6 months is dedicated to experiential learning (Internship) and mentorship.
Worth of Award
The Women Techsters Fellowship Program is set out to achieve the following:
- To increase the number of girls and women with improved livelihood and access to digital jobs.
- To provide fellows with access to FREE quality digital skills training and mentorship opportunities.
For this reason, the learning pathways for this training include the following:
- Data Science and Artificial Intelligence Engineering
- Mixed Reality / 3D Animation
- Mobile Applications Development
- Product Design (UI/UX)
- Product Management
- Software Development
- The programme is designed for young girls and women between the ages of 16 and 40 years across Africa.
- Similarly, technical and soft skills are pre-requisites to accessing internship and mentorship opportunities on the Women Techsters Fellowship Program.
This year, the fellowship is open to women and girls across the following countries:
Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, South Africa, Kenya, Ethiopia, DR Congo, Tanzania, Uganda, Algeria, South Sudan, Morocco, Angola, Mozambique, Madagascar and Egypt.
How to Apply
All applications are to be made online via the official website.
Deadline: The deadline for applications is March 22, 2022.