KAS Media Africa and Wits Journalism currently invites applications for the Wits Media Management Short Course for Journalists in South Africa in 2021.
It goes without saying that journalists play a key role in informing and developing society. As a means to further equip these professionals for better service to society as well as actualize their career goals, this short course is specifically targeted at Journalists and editors with management ambitions. Interestingly, it is accredited by the University of the Witwatersrand in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Furthermore, the course will be offered online with weekly virtual seminars from April to May 2021. It is worthy of note that it will be facilitated by former editor and frayintermedia CEO Paula Fray, supported by a range of speakers from across the continent.
Worth of Award
By way of reward, students will be introduced to the skills needed to reach their career goals including
- legacy and digital management principles,
- marketing strategy,
- financial management,
- human resource management,
- strategic planning and
- a better understanding of audiences.
Similarly, an allowance to cover data costs could be provided to ensure participants are able to participate virtually in all sessions.
Students, in turn, will be required to complete
- self-directed learning and
- workplace-based assignments.
Rest assured, upon successful completion, students will receive a Certificate of Competence accredited at the postgraduate level by Wits University.
Without a doubt, the Wits Media Management Short Course is specifically targeted at
They should have
- 3-5 years of newsroom experience; and/or
- A first degree in any field; and
- Evidence of ability to manage the course, including writing skills.
How to Apply
To this effect, the selection process will seek to balance the class in terms of race, gender and country of origin.
- To apply, complete the Wits short course application form and submit with your CV and a motivation of around 700 words.
- Therein, outline your current situation, plans and how you hope to benefit from the course.
- Ensure that you send your applications to [email protected]
Deadline: Applications close on March 15, 2021.