Applications are currently being invited for the AWHF Flanders Internship in Communication, Media Relations and Partnerships in South Africa in 2021.
AWHF was created in 2006 to support the effective conservation and protection of
cultural and natural heritage of outstanding universal value in Africa. The main objective of the Fund is to address the challenges faced by the African State Parties in the implementation of the 1972 Convention concerning the protection of the World Cultural and Natural Heritage. Specifically, the underrepresentation of African sites on the World Heritage List and the insufficient conservation and management of these sites.
The African World Heritage Fund’s Mission is to:
- Provide support to identify and list African heritage sites on the World Heritage List;
- Provide support and assistance for the conservation and management of heritage sites in Africa, particularly those already inscribed on the World Heritage List;
- Rehabilitate sites inscribed on the List of World Heritage in Danger;
- Train heritage experts and site managers as ongoing capacity building;
- Involve communities in decisions concerning their heritage and ensuring that tangible benefits accrue to them.
To be eligible for the internship, you need the following qualifications:
- A degree in Social Science, Communications, Public Relations or related field.
- Knowledge in Corporate Social Responsibility and/or Business Ethics and/or
Sustainability Labelling Systems and/or Stakeholder management and/or Company
- Excellent communication skills in English. French would be a great advantage.
As a general requirement for the AWHF Flanders Internship, applicants who
- have finalized a Bachelor, Masters or equivalent degree at a
Flemish university or equivalent institution prior to commencing the assignment.
- are fluent in at least one of the working languages of the office of
As an intern, you will be expected to accomplish the following:
- promoting and increasing the visibility of AWHF through social media, the website and other communication mechanisms.
- writing of press releases, brochures, newsletters, fundraising proposals and concept notes.
- the research of donors from the corporate sector, trusts and foundations, diaspora and other avenues.
- other tasks as required.
How to Apply
Deadline: All submissions should be made by the closing deadline which is February 28, 2021.