The Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality awards two grants of $1,000 each to student members who are doing human sexuality research.
The purpose of the research can be a master’s thesis or doctoral dissertation, but this is not a requirement.
Funds to support these grants are provided by The Foundation for the Scientific Study of Sexuality (FSSS), a nonprofit organization devoted exclusively to supporting scientific research related to sexuality.
Worth of Award
- Two grants of $1,000 each to student members who are doing human sexuality research.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a degree-granting program and a member (student) of SSSS.
How to apply
To apply, complete the following:
- Obtain IRB approval for your project.
- The Chairperson of your Department must submit an email to [email protected] stating your student status within the institution and the educational purpose of the research (e.g., dissertation, thesis, etc.). Electronic signatures are acceptable.
- Prepare a 150-word abstract of the proposed research. This short abstract will be used by The Society in a summary of all projects submitted and should stand on its own apart from the ten-page abstract. The title must appear on the abstract as well as your name and address.
- Prepare a short biographical sketch suitable for use in The Society’s NEWSLETTER to introduce the winner of the grant.
- Prepare a ten-page (double-spaced) abstract of the proposed research and bibliography in MS Word (.doc or .rtf). Do not put your name or the name of your institution on the abstract. The title must appear on the abstract. Please try to avoid labeling the research a dissertation or thesis. The abstract should be sufficiently detailed to enable the readers to understand the research question, your hypothesis, methods, and proposed statistical analysis (as applicable).
- Prepare a proposed budget for your project, again in MS Word. Include other sources of income or funding you have received or will receive. Again, please do not indicate your name or institution on the budget.
- Submit the application form with the required attachments.
- All grant recipients must provide the SSSS Student Grant Committee with one copy of a final report on the research one after the receipt of the grant