Leeds University is currently inviting applications for its Business School Management Division Scholarship in the UK for the 2021/2022 academic year.
At the Management Division, Faculty members are involved in research at the forefront of the management discipline in a wide range of subjects. These include
- decision research,
- entrepreneurs and entrepreneurship,
- logistics and information management,
- organizational behaviour and
- management learning.
Doctoral students, therefore, are well supported through supervision and training. This helps to develop their skills in data analysis as well as dissemination of their work through seminars and conferences.
Worth of Award
- The award will cover full fees at the University of Leeds standard rate of fees.
- A maintenance grant at the standard UKRI rate (£15,285 in Session 2020/21).
It would interest you to know that in order to be eligible for the Business School Management Division Scholarship,
- Candidates should ideally have a first-class or at least a good upper second-class undergraduate degree.
- In addition, they should also hold a British Masters degree (or equivalent degree from an overseas university).
- An equivalent professional qualification with a minimum average score of 60% (or equivalent) in an appropriate academic discipline is equally acceptable.
In like manner, the
- minimum English language entry requirement for postgraduate research study in the Leeds University Business School is an IELTS of 7.0 overall. This comes with at least 6.0 in each component including reading, writing, listening and speaking or equivalent.
- test must equally be dated within two years of the start date of the course in order to be valid.
How to Apply
For the purpose of this scholarship, it is important to note that the application process is in two stages
First of all, apply for a research place of study by completing a study application form.
You will be expected to meet the eligibility criteria for PhD candidates, including the English Language requirements if your first language is not English.
Once you have received your student ID number (a 9 digit number) move onto stage 2.
Apply for the Leeds University Business School Management Division studentship by working your way through the application form.
If English is not your first language, you must provide evidence that you meet the Faculty’s minimum English language requirements.
Deadline: The deadline is Monday, March 1, 2021.