The Centre for Health Policy is seeking a post-doctoral fellow for a 1 year position, to work within the SARChI programme at the University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa. The research portfolio associated with this chair will focus on universal access (or universal coverage) to quality care for all South Africans, conducting research on strengthening the public health system’s ability to use resources effectively and efficiently.
CHP is committed to building capacity in health policy and systems research, offering a nurturing, supportive environment that emphasizes mentorship and skills-development for people passionate about a career in the field.
Worth of Award: Not stated. Email them for details (see email address below)
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate innovative thinking with respect to methods and approaches.
- Applicants will have a relevant doctoral degree (e.g. public health, sociology, political science, development studies) and possess knowledge of public health, health systems or health policy.
- All candidates are expected to have excellent writing and conceptual skills, and be able to work well in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Applications are welcome from international candidates but qualified South African scholars are preferred
How to apply
To apply, all of the following should be submitted:
- a covering letter identifying why you are interested in the position
- a detailed CV, including contact details
- names and contact details of 3 referees
- certified copies of degrees/diplomas
- a short piece of recent written work, or publication, on which you are the first author.
- Note appointments will only be made if there are suitable candidates.