The Vienna University of Technology in Austria is currently accepting applications for the position of a University Assistant Architecture, working 30 hours a week, for a period of 4 years.
This is Austria’s largest research and educational institution in the field of technology and natural sciences. More than 4,000 scientists research “Technology for People” in five main research areas at eight faculties.
The content of the offered studies is derived from excellent research. More than 27,000 students in 55 studies benefit from it. As an innovation engine, the Vienna University of Technology strengthens the business location, enables cooperation and contributes to the prosperity of society.
Worth of Award
The remuneration is based on the minimum wage for salary group B1 and amounts to at least EUR 2,228.63 gross/month with a weekly workload of 30 hours. (14 times a year).
In order to be eligible for this opportunity, candidates need to have
- Completed master’s, diploma, master’s degree in architecture or
- Equivalent university studies at home or abroad
- Comprehensive knowledge of contemporary architecture, its strategies/concepts and teaching methods.
- Teaching or lecture experience, as well as experience in the organization and implementation of events in cooperation with international partners (symposia, lectures, workshops, etc.)
- Experience as an author/editor of scientific publications.
- Communication and teamwork skills.
- Advanced computer skills (all Adobe programs: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat); MS Office, AutoCAD, Sketch Up or similar 3D programs.
- International experience in the field of architecture (studies, teaching, project work, exhibitions, publications) is an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of German and very good knowledge of English is required, an additional foreign language is desirable.
At the Institute for Architecture and Design, your tasks as a university assistant include
- Participation in and independent implementation of research and teaching tasks as well as exams.
- Supervision of students.
- Research and project work.
- Deepening scientific knowledge.
- Writing of scientific publications.
- Participation and organization of scientific events.
- Participation in organizational and administrative tasks.
It is worthy of note that
- The Vienna University of Technology aims to increase the proportion of women, especially in management positions, and therefore expressly encourages qualified women to apply. If they have the same qualifications, women will be given priority, unless there are more reasons than those of an equally qualified competitor.
- Given the fact that it endeavours to employ people with disabilities with the appropriate qualifications, it, therefore, expressly requests that such candidates apply.
How to Apply
Applications should be made online via the official website.
Deadline: The Vienna University of Technology looks forward to receiving your application by February 11, 2021.