The Office of Research, Innovation and Development (ORID) invites applications for the DFID/ CHAG (Christian Health Association of Ghana)MPhil Dissertation Grants for Ghanaians for the 2013-2014 academic years. The grants are targeted at MPhil students enrolled at the University of Ghana and pursuing programmes related to mental health.
Specifically, it targets MPhil students in the research year of their programmes who are conducting research related to the improvement of the quality of life of persons suffering from mental illness in Ghana. Particularly, the research should relate to:
- Reducing the incidence of, and stigma towards persons with mental illness
- Increasing access to treatment, care and support for persons suffering from mental illness.
- Re-integrating treated mentally ill person back into their communities and supporting them to be economically productive
Worth of Award
- Not stated.
Interested applicants must:
- Be top-class (Graduated with 1st Class or 2nd Upper in their first degree)
- Be a Ghanaian national
- Be in the research year of their MPhil programme;
- Demonstrated potential, interest and commitment for academic work; and
- Demonstrated ability to conduct high quality research work
How to Apply
Each applicant is required to complete the application form and also include the following for consideration by the selection panel:
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A 2 page (maximum) summary of the proposed research they intend to conduct while enrolled on the programme. This should clearly outline the background, objectives, scope and proposed methodology.
- A budget and Work/ Implementation Plan on separate sheets.
- Academic transcript and copy of certificate of the undergraduate programme
Deadline: The applications should be submitted to ORID (located on the ground floor of the LECIAD Building)latest February 14, 2014.
Click here for details and to apply online