Applications are currently being accepted for the International Monetary Fund Internship Program (FIP) in the USA in 2021.
At the FIP, summer interns gain an insider’s view of the member-country-focused mandate and critical international work of the IMF. They will build professional networks while they apply your research and analytical skills to help the IMF explore questions of real importance to its member countries and to global economic stability.
So, whether you see a future for yourself in international organizations or are simply curious about policy and operational work, this is an ideal opportunity to familiarize yourself with both while leveraging your cutting-edge skills and expanding your research experience.
IMF recruits for the FIP on a global basis with approximately 50 students from around the world joining each year at its headquarters in Washington, D.C. These paid internships take place between June and October and run for 10 to 12 weeks.
Worth of Award
Applicants who qualify for the International Monetary Fund Internship Program will receive
- A competitive salary.
- Round-trip restricted economy class air travel from their university to Washington, D.C.
- Limited medical insurance coverage.
In order to be eligible for this program as an international student, here’s what you need to know:
- For the Economic internship, you should have concentrated your studies on monetary and international economics, public finance, financial markets, economics, or a related field.
- In addition, you should possess strong analytical and quantitative skills and have an excellent command of written and oral English.
If you are currently completing a PhD, you must be:
- Registered as an active student (i.e. returning to university studies after completing the internship).
- Below the age of 32 at the start of the internship.
If you are currently completing a Master’s degree, you must be:
- Registered as an active student at the time of application (not yet graduated).
- Below the age of 28 at the commencement of the internship.
If you are applying to the Legal Department Internship you must be:
- Within one to two years of completing an LLM, J.D, or equivalent advanced degree in law.
- Below the age of 32 at the commencement of the internship.
How to Apply
- Students in macroeconomics or a related field should apply through JobLink and, after completing all fields in the form, be sure to enter 1800920 into the field titled, “Job Number.”
- A Law student or a student in a related academic field should apply through JobLink, and, after completing all fields in the form, be sure to enter 1800904 into the field titled, “Job Number.”
Deadline: Applications are ongoing.