The University of Chinese Academy of Sciences(UCAS) in China offers scholarships for International Students in the 2022/2023 academic session.
The University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS) has set up the UCAS Scholarship for International Students to sponsor young talents all over the world to pursue a Master’s or Doctoral degrees, or attend courses, conduct research or pay academic visits at UCAS faculties/CAS institutes. The Scholarship also encourages international graduate students currently studying at foreign universities to come for study on joint programs.
The scholarship consists of both a full scholarship and a partial scholarship. The full scholarship provides tuition waiver, monthly stipend, basic accommodation and medical insurance; while the partial scholarship covers some items of the Full. Since 2016, the Scholarship has been majorly sponsoring Masters and doctoral candidates.
Worth of Award
a. Tuition fee exemption by UCAS;
- Doctoral students would be exempted from a tuition fee of RMB 40,000/year.
- Master students would be exempted from a tuition fee of RMB 30,000/year.
- The regular visiting student would be exempted from a tuition fee of RMB 2,600/month.
- Senior visiting students would be exempted from a tuition fee of RMB 3,000/month.
b. Monthly stipend;
- UCAS provides a monthly stipend of RMB 2,500 for Doctoral students, senior visiting students and students on joint programs, and RMB 2,000 for Master students and regular visiting students. In addition, the host supervisor and UCAS faculty/CAS institute (hereinafter referred to as faculty/institute) provide research assistantship for awardees considering their academic performances. The total amounts of monthly stipend will be no less than RMB 3500 for Doctoral students, senior visiting students and students on joint programs, and RMB 3000 for Master students and regular visiting students.
- UCAS provides basic accommodation to awardees from faculties/institutes located in Beijing.
- As for awardees from CAS institutes located outside Beijing, they would be provided with basic accommodation when attending the concentrated study at UCAS, while their host institutes would help to provide accommodation or solve accommodation-related problems when awardees are with them, and the awardees shall pay for relevant expenses as requested by the institutes.
d. Medical Insurance;
- The insurance premium is RMB 800/year and RMB 400/half year.
- Meet the admission criteria for UCAS international students (please refer to the calls for 2021 Master’s or Doctoral Programs for international students);
- Get acceptance by a host supervisor and approval by the UCAS faculty/CAS institute that the supervisor is affiliated with;
- Have an appropriate attitude toward learning and scientific research and have outstanding academic performance;
- Have not accepted any other sponsorship at the time of application;
- For master program applicants: be born after 1 January 1991 (inclusive).
- For PhD program applicants: be born after 1 January 1986 (inclusive)
- Students on joint programs: No age limit.
- Regular visiting students: be born after 1 January 1981 (inclusive).
- Senior visiting students: be born after 1 January 1976 (inclusive).
- Be proficient in English or Chinese. Applicants whose native language is not English should provide unexpired TOEFL or IELTS scores. TOEFL scores should be 90 or higher, and IELTS scores should be 6.5 or higher. Applicants are not required to submit a TOEFL or IELTS score only if their:
- Native language is English, or
- Major undergraduate courses are conducted in English/Chinese, which should be stated in transcripts, or
- New HSK Band 5 passed with over 200 scores.
Other requirements on applicants on joint programs:
- Applicants should be currently studying at higher institutions abroad.
- The higher institution abroad the applicant is affiliated with should have signed relevant collaboration and exchange agreements with CAS/UCAS/CAS institute.
- The awarded student should register before November of 2022.
- The academic visit to or joint culture at CAS should last for no shorter than 6 months.
Other requirements on visiting students:
- Scholars should register before November of 2022.
- Scholars shall be further educated for no shorter than 6 months.
Note： Students who are currently studying at higher institutions in China cannot apply (with an exception for this year’s graduates).
How to Apply
CHECK ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
- You should verify that you meet ALL the requirements specified in the “General conditions for applicants” section of the call. You need to find an eligible professor of your interest that agrees to accept you.
SUBMIT BOTH OF YOUR ADMISSION APPLICATION AND SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION VIA THE ONLINE SYSTEM.
- You shall log in to the Online Application System for International Students of UCAS (http://adis.ucas.ac.cn), correctly fill in your personal information, upload authentic documents required for admission (please refer to the calls for doctoral/master/visiting program) and submit your applications for both admission and scholarship.
Deadline: The closing date for applications is March 31, 2022.