FirstRand Limited in South Africa is currently inviting applications for the FirstRand FNB Fund Scholarship for International Postgraduate Study in Education for the 2022/2023 academic session.
Also referred to as FirstRand Group, it is the holding company of FirstRand Bank and is a financial services provider in South Africa. It is one of the financial services providers licensed by the Reserve Bank of South Africa, the national banking regulator.
It is recognized as a highly innovative business that encourages and rewards different thinking from its people. It has created perspectives, a portal of specifically commissioned, original content, to provide writers, authors, artists, thinkers, academics, researchers and visionaries a platform to share new ideas and unique concepts.
Worth of Award
- The FirstRand FNB Fund scholarship for international postgraduate study in education ranks to the value of R900 000.
- It is available to South African citizens for postgraduate study outside South Africa in education at an international university of their choice.
The successful candidates will have excelled academically in their chosen fields and will have been able to demonstrate:
- leadership qualities;
- strength of character;
- community involvement; and
- potential to be a destiny changer in his or her chosen field.
- Preference will be given to candidates under the age of 35.
- Candidates who are currently, or have been studying overseas, will not be considered for this scholarship.
- Successful candidates are required to return to South Africa for at least five years after completing their studies.
How to Apply
- Having satisfied all the aforementioned requirements, applicants should ensure that their submissions are made online via the official website. Early applications are highly advisable.
Deadline: Applications for the 2022 FirstRand FNB Fund scholarship for international postgraduate study in education will open on December 16, 2021, and close Thursday, March 3, 2022.