American University Beirutis inviting applications for its Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate Scholarship Programme for the 2021/2022 academic session.
The Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate Program (TLG) is a Masters’ scholarship program funded by the U.S. Department of State’s U.S.-Middle East Partnership Initiative (MEPI).
The Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate Program (TLG) is a leadership training program by the U-S- Department of State Middle East Partnership Initiative (MEPI). Its objective is to support academically qualified and economically deserving students in the MENA region by providing graduate study and organized research that advances knowledge, furthers the professionalization of emerging leaders, and contributes to the implementation of socially relevant initiatives.
AUB has received two US federal assistance awards under MEPI-TLG through which scholarships are being awarded to students who are committed to work on research projects associated to their eligible graduate programs of study.
- Full coverage of all applicable charges for enrollment, tuition and fees;
- Medical insurance coverage;
- A monthly living allowance;
- Student housing;
- One laptop for the duration of the program;
- A yearly book allowance;
- Two round-trip tickets from and to home country, where applicable;
- Exposure to and engagement in different community development projects and/or internships in host country, and/or their home countries to learn about different forms of intervention and apply such learning back in their respective countries;
- Academic advising, mentoring services, and learning services;
- Professional training on leadership and gender.
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- Be a citizen of: Algeria, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Iraq, Syria (residing outside of Syria) Tunisia, or Yemen.
Note: American citizens or U.S. Legal Permanent Residents are not
eligible to apply.
- Academically promising student as per AUB’s admissions guidelines
- Economically disadvantaged student as per MEPI and AUB’s Financial Aid policies
- Students with potential to address local, national, and/or regional problems.
How to Apply
A. Online Graduate Admission Application
- Create your Online Graduate Application (OGA) and select programs that are eligible to MEPI-TLG
- Proceed to the “Financial Opportunities” section and indicate your interest in MEPI-TLG by ticking the APPLY checkbox(es) available next to the scholarship(s) name(s)
- Wait for the page to reload
- Upload the required documents in .pdf format (CV and essays as detailed on OGA)
- Click “Save” to confirm your changes
- Submit your online graduate admission application
B. Email Notification
After you finalize the submission of your Online Graduate Admission Application, you will be granted access to the AUB MEPI-TLG Financial Aid Application.
An email notification will be sent to you with all the related details.
IMPORTANT NOTE: For a MEPI-TLG application to be considered complete, both Admission and MEPI-TLG Financial Assessment applications need to be submitted before March 2, 2021. Also, one cannot access the MEPI-TLG Financial Assessment without successfully submitting the admission application. Thus, kindly take this into consideration and make sure to submit your Graduate Admission Application as soon as possible. This is to allow enough time for accessing and completing the MEPI-TLG Financial Assessment Application before March 2, 2021.
C. AUB Graduate Financial Assessment Application
- Access https://www-banner.aub.edu.lb/pls/weba/bwvkkmen.P_SelectAidYear
- If you are/were an AUB student, enter your AUB ID and AUB SIS code. If you cannot remember your AUB SIS, contact the Office of the Registrar and request a password reset.
If you are a new applicant, enter your User ID (Your User ID is your Application Code on the Online Graduate Application) and enter your PIN which is set to your birthdate (MMDDYY)
- Click on “Login”
- Choose “Student Award and Financial Aid” tab
- Click on “Apply for Student Aid”
- Select the scholarship you are applying to from the dropdown menu and click “Continue”
(If you are applying to more than one scholarship, you need to complete one application and then apply for the next. When applying to the next, you will find that your data is prefilled, save each section and make sure to submit when done)
- Select Aid Year “Academic Year 2021-2022″
- Select Aid Period “Fall” and click “Continue”
- Complete and submit your AUB Graduate Financial Assessment Application including the required official documents
- Click on “Print Application” to print out a hardcopy of your application as you may be required to submit this if you are shortlisted
Deadline: For admission in Fall 2021-2022, the deadline to apply for MEPI-TLG LiDS is March 2, 2021.