University College London is accepting applications for the UCL Gay Clifford Awards for Outstanding Women Students in the UK for the 2021/2022 academic year.
This award aims to enable female students to pursue full-time Master’s degree studies in the departments of Economics or Philosophy. It is a known fact that through disruptive thinking, UCL has been at the forefront of solving some of the world’s biggest unsolved problems. It transforms challenges into change and was the first university in England to welcome women and students of any religion to university education.
Is it any wonder that UCL was rated the top university in the UK for research strength in the most recent Research Excellence Framework? It goes without saying that being a student at UCL gives you the opportunity to realise your potential as an individual, and the skills and tools to thrive in whatever you choose to do.
Worth of Award
Candidates would be delighted to know that the
- Value of the UCL Gay Clifford Awards for Outstanding Women Students is £10,000 and it is tenable for one year only.
- Scholarship will first be applied to the recipient’s tuition fees, with any remainder payable to the recipient in three equal instalments throughout the academic year towards maintenance.
In a similar vein, it is necessary to note that candidates can be from any country, but must fulfil the following criteria:
- identify as female; AND
- hold an offer to study a full-time Master’s degree at UCL in 2021/22 in the departments of Economics, or Philosophy.
How to Apply
Be well informed that
- Candidates do not submit an application for this scholarship.
- However, if a student would specifically like to be considered for the scheme, they should inform their academic department directly.
Deadline: Successful candidates will be selected by academic departments on the basis of their admission application form and will be informed in June/July 2021.