Southern Cross University is currently inviting applications for the Destination Australia Scholarship for Australians, New Zealanders and international students in 2021.
It is a multi-campus university on Australia’s east coast which is proud of its reputation as a progressive institution, engaging with the communities it serves to create change that impacts the world. It also delivers degrees with collaborators in China and Papua New Guinea.
In the latest Excellence in Research for Australia report, SCU achieved outstanding ratings of ‘at world standard’ or above in 23 research fields. In 14 research fields, the university was evaluated at the highest possible classification of ‘well above world standard’.
Worth of Award
The scholarship is worth $15,000 per year for up to four years.
To be eligible for the Destination Australia scholarship you must be:
- An Australian citizen, a New Zealand citizen, a permanent Australian resident, a student with an Australian permanent visa or an International Student Visa.
- A commencing student.
- Enrolled as a full-time student.
- Enrolled at Lismore or Coffs Harbour campus.
- Preference will be given to the following courses:
- Bachelor of Engineering Systems (Honours)
- Bachelor of Science (new structure in 2021)
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- Maintain ongoing residency in a regional area as defined by the 2016 Australian Geography Standard Remoteness Structure, for the duration of each study period.
Where a course includes study outside a regional area (for example, for a clinical placement), residency away from the regional area is permitted for no more than one study period (not exceeding 6 months). In cases where the requirements of a compulsory placement exceed the permitted study period away from regional area, approval must be sought from the Department of Education by the university.
- International students are also required to maintain a student visa for the duration of the scholarship in order to ensure protection under the Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act 2000.
How to Apply
While making your application for the scholarship online, ensure to provide your
- Personal contact details
- SCU Student ID Number
- Southern Cross University course preference
Deadline: There are three study periods within which you can commence your programme: The first session commences in March 2021, the second commences in July 2021 while the third commences in Summer 2021.