The University of Dayton USA is currently inviting applications for its #YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarships for international students for the 2021/2022 academic year.
Founded in 1850 by the Society of Mary, it is one of the 50 best schools in the U.S. for undergraduate academics and experiential learning that lead to great careers according to The Princeton Review’s “Colleges That Create Futures: 50 Schools That Launch Careers by Going Beyond the Classroom.”
UD offers a wide array of opportunities for international students, earning the university the distinction of being named a leading university worldwide in learning, living and support services, according to the International Student Barometer.
Worth of Award
The University of Dayton’s #YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarships cover at least half of your annual tuition. It will be awarded in place of any other admission scholarship plus, it is renewable each year.
To be considered for this scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- You are a first-year international applicant to a participating college or university. An international applicant is an individual who holds citizenship in a country outside the United States and who does not also possess U.S. citizenship or permanent residency.
- You demonstrate interest and personal initiative in activities involving intercultural learning and exchange.
- You have completed the scholarship application and a 500-1,000 word essay or a 2-5 minute video describing your aspirations to conduct projects, research, employment or other experiences that will advance intercultural learning.
- In addition, you must apply to UD to be considered for the scholarship, and if you are admitted, you must confirm your enrollment to claim the scholarship.
- The application and all information must be submitted by May 1, 2021, for consideration for the 2021-2022 academic year.
How to Apply
To be considered for admission, applicants should submit the following items:
- Application (including essay). Submit your free application using the Common Application, the Coalition Application or the University of Dayton Application.
- Official high school transcript (in the language of original issue).
- Letter of recommendation (optional). Letters may be sent to [email protected] directly from the recommender.
- ACT and/or SAT scores, if desired. The University of Dayton is test-optional in admission for the fall 2021 entering class and beyond.
- If your native language is not English, you are required to submit proof of English proficiency by submitting TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, SAT or ACT scores. Your scores should be sent directly to the university from the testing centre using code 1834.
- F-1 and J-1 students must provide a letter of financial support and a bank statement showing sufficient funds to cover the first year of study. These may be emailed to [email protected]
Deadline: The University of Dayton’s calendar year is divided into three terms. Application deadlines for international students are Fall term August through December — May 1. Spring term January through April — November 1. Summer term May through July — Case-by-case basis.