Arab Fund Fellowship Program is inviting applications from international students in 2021.
The program was initiated with the purpose of providing Arab PhD holders in different fields of specialization, who have an excellent academic track record with opportunities, to conduct advanced research and/or lecture in the best universities in the world.
The Program is intended to build bridges and achieve mutual benefits between Arab and foreign universities. It also aims to facilitate the transfer of knowledge and technology to the Arab countries.
Worth of Award
For selected candidates, the Arab Fund Fellowship Program provides:
- Fixed maintenance allowances (about US$ 50,000 over a period of 12 months).
- Round-trip tickets for the beneficiaries and eligible members of their families.
- Limited accident and sickness insurance.
The evaluation of candidates is performed by a team of internationally renowned scholars. And to be eligible, you have to satisfy the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of an Arab country.
- Possess a Doctorate/Ph. D. degree.
- Work currently at a university or research centre in a member country of the Arab League.
- Have a distinguished academic career and strong publication record in international academic journals.
- Hold an invitation to conduct research in a renowned, highly-ranked international university or research centre.
- Be proficient in the language of the host country.
- Be medically fit.
How to Apply
Applications are to be submitted online ONLY.
Fill in the provided application and upload all the required documents. Your application will be accepted once all the required documents have been completed and uploaded to the Arab Fund Fellowship Program (AFFP) website.
Note that a complete application must include:
- The application form (to be completed and submitted).
- Statement of Proposed Activity (to be downloaded, completed and uploaded).
- Three Reference Reports (to be signed and completed by the referee and uploaded by applicant).
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae (to be downloaded, completed and uploaded).
- Letter of Invitation from a distinguished international university or research Centre stating the proposed period of the Fellowship, including the name and signature of a contact person responsible for providing the letter, his/her mailing address, telephone numbers (country and city codes), an electronic mail address. A scanned copy of the original letter is to be uploaded by the applicant.
Deadline: Applications should be completed and submitted at least one year prior to the expected starting date of the Fellowship.
- The AFFP cycles open on January 1st and close on December 31st of every year.
- All applications received after December 31st or not completed by that date will systematically be considered for the next cycle (no exceptions).