Applications for Ashden Awards for Climate Solutions in Action in the UK in 2023 are currently open.
For over 20 years, the Ashden Awards have been uncovering and spotlighting the world’s next climate champions. Through grant prizes as well as ongoing development support, its awards accelerate climate innovation. It also helps businesses, charities, governments, and others power up their impact in the UK and low-income countries.
It backs organizations that advance social justice while lowering emissions, with a particular focus on the power of climate action to improve jobs, skills, and livelihoods. Winners and finalists enjoy grants, publicity, and priceless new connections- as well as endorsements from globally-recognized climate experts.
This year, the Awards will help power up inclusive innovation creating a fairer low carbon world. It will also tackle inequality and empowere communities on the front line of the climate crisis through jobs, skills, and training. Ashden doesn’t reward the biggest organizations or slickest marketing pitches. Rather, it is looking for passion, potential, and commitment to its values.
Worth of Award
- Winning an Ashden Award brings a prize of up to £25,000 as well as ongoing development support.
- It puts winners in front of funders, investors, policymakers, journalists and others who know the unique value of an Ashden Award and the strength of its rigorous assessment process.
- It creates promotional films about its winners’ work and tells their stories in mainstream and specialist media, and through its growing digital channels. It helped previous winners gain coverage at Sky News, The Telegraph, Times of India, Al Jazeera, New Scientist and other leading platforms.
- Award winners’ views, needs and insights are at the heart of its influential reports, tool kits and events. These shape the views of key climate decision makers.
- All winners join the Ashden network – giving them the chance to connect with new partners through masterclasses, investor pitching events and introductions to influential policy makers.
- Businesses, NGOs, government organisations, social enterprises and community groups are all eligible.
- Work must be currently available to clients, customers or beneficiaries.
How to Apply
This application can be completed in English via the online application portal here.
Deadline: The deadline for applications for the Ashden Awards for Climate Solutions is Wednesday March 8, 2023.
Click here for more details and to apply
Send the completed form to [email protected]