The University of Alabama is currently offering International Student Scholarships for the 2021/2022 academic year.
This generous scholarship program is for students enrolling in the main campus fall term. International incoming first-time freshmen admitted before March 1, who have a qualifying composite score on the ACT or total score on the SAT (critical reading and math scores only) by the end of February, and have at least a 3.0 cumulative high school GPA through December of the senior year will be eligible for some designated automatic merit-based scholarships.
Worth of Award
A student with a 4.0 GPA and a 36 ACT or 1600 SAT will be selected as a Presidential Elite Scholar and will receive:
- Value of tuition for up to four years for degree-seeking undergraduate and graduate or law studies.
- One year of on-campus housing at the regular room rate.
- $1,000 per year stipend for four years.
- $2,000 one-time allowance for use in summer research or international study (after completing one year of study at UA).
- $2,000 book scholarship ($500 per year for four years).
Please have standardized test scores sent directly to The University of Alabama from the testing agency.
In terms of educational preparation, the college preparatory curriculum minimum unit requirements for regular admissions are
- 4 units of English
- 4 units of social sciences, including world history or a comparable course (second foreign language will satisfy one of the four required social science requirements)
- 3 units of mathematics (must include algebra I, algebra II, and one unit of either geometry, trigonometry, or calculus)
- 3 units of natural sciences, including two courses with lab components
- 1 unit of foreign language
- 5 additional units of academic courses (We recommend courses in fine arts or computer literacy, with additional courses in mathematics, natural sciences, and foreign language)
How to Apply
- A credit/debit card is required to pay the non-refundable $40 application fee.
- You will be asked to create a login on the next page. Remember this login to access your application.
- You may make corrections or changes to your application provided you do not submit the application. Once submitted you will not be able to make changes.
- You can check your application status online at any time.
- A valid email address is required. Be aware that secure information concerning your application will be sent to this email address.
- After submitting your application, a campus-wide identification (CWID) number will be emailed to you within 48 hours. You will need your CWID to access mybama.
- If you lose your login or PIN, this information will be sent to the email address you provided.
- Your session will expire after 20 minutes of inactivity.
- If you have problems with or need assistance with the application, please call the designated numbers.
Deadline: The deadline for the Fall semester (August – December) is May 1. The deadline for the Spring semester (January – May) is October 1 while the deadline for the Summer semester (June -August) is March 1.