Atlas Corps invites social change leaders from around the world to apply for her Blended and In-Person Fellowships and Virtual Leadership Institute.
The Atlas Corps In-Person Fellowship is a 12-18 month Fellowship in the United States for the world’s top social change leaders. Fellows serve full-time with host organizations to develop leadership skills and learn effective practices through the Atlas Corps Global Leadership Lab professional development series and networking opportunities with other fellows. The U.S.-based component of the fellowship allows participants to engage in group cultural activities like a D.C. Monuments Tour, sporting events, U.S. holiday celebrations, and more.
Worth of Award
- Program-related international travel.
- Program-related domestic travel.
- Basic health insurance that covers new injuries and illnesses (or funds to purchase basic health insurance).
- Monthly stipend for basic living expenses in the city where the Fellow is placed (shared housing, food, local transportation, and a phone plan).
- Documentation (DS-2019) that enables the Fellow to obtain a J-1 visa.
- Placement with a Host Organization.
- Participation in the Atlas Corps Global Leadership Lab (leadership development training series).
- For Fellows serving in the blended fellowship, Atlas Corps will provide financial support for the technology necessary to complete host organization requirements remotely from their home countries.
- Two or more years of full-time professional experience working to address critical social issues.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- English proficiency (oral, writing, reading).
- Age 35 or younger.
- Citizens of EVERY country (except the U.S.) are eligible to apply to all our programs.
Additional requirements for the Blended Fellowship and In-Person Fellowship in the U.S.:
- Commitment to return to your home country after the 12-18 month Fellowship.
- Commitment to living on a basic stipend that only covers food, shared housing, and local transportation.
Additional requirements for the Virtual Leadership Institute:
- Technological capacity to participate in video calls (1-2 per month).
- Availability to commit to 2-3 hours of online activity and assignments per week for 7 months.
How to Apply
- Only one application can be submitted by a candidate to be considered for all Atlas Corps professional development programs.
- Please indicate on your application whether you are interested in the fellowship, virtual leadership institute, or both.
Deadline: Application for the Atlas Corps Fellowships closes February 15, 2022.